Relics Collected by Captain Henry L. Pasco, Co. A, 16th Connecticut Infantry – Two Relics from Appomattox Court House
A number of years ago the Horse Soldier, a Civil War Shop in Gettysburg, Pa., obtained the collection of Captain Henry L. Pasco which had been on display at a GAR post in Connecticut. Some of Pasco’s collected relics were truly varied and outstanding. As you know the majority of soldiers were “trophy” collectors and wanted to send home examples of their travels when they were able. Captain Pasco mounted each of his relics on pieces of blue cardstock and wrote an ink description on the card. We were able to purchase a number of these relics and after enjoying them all these years, will now let other collectors enjoy them.
Two relics from Appomattox Court House: A piece of molding from the room at Appomattox Court House where Lee surrendered to Grant – April 9th, 1865
a small document titled “From Rosser’s Hdr. Wagon April 9, 1865”. The top of the document is titled, “Rosser’s Brigade” and concerns forage that had been received from a farmer.
Two nice relics from Appomattox.
#A566 – Price $1,295